Beautiful Mountain Home with Breathtaking Views and Tropical GardensAdd Property
Contact Richard Schneider (Publisher)
PA 6726-1351 US (802) 489-1745
irscul Show it
96 Calle Urraca, Valle de Laurel, Altos del Maria, Sora, Panama, Sorá, Chame, Panamá Oeste
Sale Price: $296,000.00
house: 266.81 mt² =2872 ft² lot: 3049.03 m² = .75343 acres
REDUCED PRICING on home and lot #96 Calle Urraca, Valle de Laurel, Altos del Maria. $296,000.00. The adjoining lot #97 shown in some of the photos can be purchased separately for a reduced price.
USA Phone: (802) 489-1745
Panama phone: 6726-1351
Garage: attached carport
Open elevated deck
This comfortable, spacious home has charm, stunning views of the mountains, fruit trees, and gorgeous ornamental gardens, shrubs, and trees.
As you approach the home in its tropical setting, you will see palm trees and lush gardens that have been beautifully manicured. The covered carport offers level access to the home without exposure to rain.
This home with all of its enclosed areas, deck, and terrace is all on one level. While still remaining within the living areas of this single level home, there is a strong feeling of being out in nature.
• Tile Floors: throughout the house, terrace, porch, and deck
• Large Glass and Screened Living Areas
• Tile Roof: installed over a metal roof for thorough waterproofing. A dead space separates the roof from the ceilings of the rooms below. This acts as insulation and it also deadens the sound of rain on the roof. (A simple corrugated roof that is open to the room below can be very loud in a hard rain.)
• Circular Driveway: at street level, surfaced with paving bricks
• Entrances from the street: 3 drive-in entrances and 1 walk-in entrance with decorative gecko shaped paving stones
• Bocce Court with Terraces and seating at both ends: all situated under the spreading branches of an enormous, majestic Corotu tree. There is an additional terrace at one end of the court for entertaining. The court has overhead lighting, power outlets. Bocce is great family fun for all ages; adults, children and grandchildren.
• Gardening Shed: covered area with mesh shelving for potting plants and other projects
• Numerous Fruit Trees: many types of fruit abound all around the property
• Ornamentals: flowers, shrubs, trees, and gardens are extensively located throughout the property
• Water spigots: located throughout the grounds including in the lower area
• Automatic Watering Systems: in many garden and ornamental areas
• Gardens: many vegetable, herb, fruit, and other food producing plots and trees
• Privacy hedges: over 1000 spiny limoncillo trees along most of the property borders. This hedge with its strong, sharp spines acts as a fence between lots.
• Path with Stairs: This is a loop path to the lower part of the property where there are groves of grafted citrus trees as well as many other fruits, ornamentals, and large, mature rainforest trees on both sides of a small seasonal stream. There are power outlets and a water spigot along the path at the base of the hill for tending the grounds. This path is a beautiful walk and it makes a good exercise loop. Length: 475 feet = 145 meters
• Outstanding Mountain Views
• Internet and Cable TV are available
• Pets are allowed
House tour description:
Entering the house brings you to a spacious living room and dinning area with high ceilings and many large windows for abundant natural lighting.
Adjoining the dinning area is an efficient, workable kitchen with natural teak wood cabinets and granite counter tops.
There are two separate master suites on either side of the great room.
Each suite has a large walk-in closet and its own full bath appointed with granite counter top and tiled shower with glass doors. The smaller, third bedroom could alternatively be used as an office or project room.
Along the front of the house are 2 airy, large, tiled sun rooms that are partially screened and partially glass.
A door leads out to an elevated deck, surrounded by nature and basking in a majestic view of the mountain. Almost level with the canopy of the large trees below, this deck offers wonderful bird watching.
Ideally located in one of the best settings in all of Altos del Maria on a quiet cul-de-sac road, this home offers serene, natural privacy. The home is easily accessed from the main Paseo del Maria road, but is far enough away to distance the noise of the traffic on the main road. Located at an ideal elevation of 1650 feet (500 mt²), it has year round temperatures from the high 60’s F to the low 80’s F. With good cross ventilation and mild breezes, this home never needs air conditioning or heat. It does not have as frequent rain, clouds, and fog as higher locations in Altos del Maria often have. It has a spectacular view of Picacho Peak without the exposure to high winds and beating afternoon sun experienced by some lots with more expansive, western orientations.
Built in 2006, this home has a property tax exemption through 2026.
This fabulous property is a pleasure to see and even more of a pleasure to live in. It embodies comfortable living with natural tranquility and beauty.