PLAYA COMMUNITY was created in 2007 when Jamuna Burry arrived in Coronado, Panama. Seeking community connection, Jamuna set out to create a web portal where those living in the area could:
- Read local news in English
- Follow the tides
- Find out about local events and businesses
- Buy and sell items through a free classified section
Today, we do that… and way more.
By 2012 we were already a top source for people looking to invest in Coronado & the Pacific Beaches of Panama. While we were receiving 40,000+ views monthly, we wanted to offer our readers and advertisers even more.
That's why we started LA PLAYA Newspaper.
- We publish a print publication, distributing 10,000 copies monthly to 300+ targeted locations
- We publish an online magazine with direct links to our advertisers
- We offer an inside look into Real Estate in Panama with Beach & Mountain properties available for sale & rent
AND we have a brand new design!
Created by Playa Community's Anibal Diaz, our "new look" is mobile friendly, easy to navigate, and offers daily tides & events and articles.
We are your connection to the fastest growing beach town on the isthmus.
Connect with Us.
Founder - Jamuna Burry
Chief Technology Officer - Anibal Diaz
Creative Director - Kara Patrick