HOME OWNERS INSURANCE
Looking at the latest robberies and events at the Panama Beaches Area, our concerns and worries are increasing. For that reason J2L Insurance Consultants would like to guide people on how to review the Home Owners package Insurance in Theft and Assault coverage’s for your benefit. Even though this package contains Fire, Water Damages, Liability, Travel Assistance, Electrical Equipment and many more; here we will only concentrate today on Theft and Assault. Find Attached a general description of this section, usually to amounts are enough for most regular households; if you feel that you have items of concern or higher numbers feel free to contact us for further advice.
*Insured Amount (i/a)
|Damage by theft or attempted theft to the building||5% of the i/a|
|Theft by force and assault within the residence||25%, 50% or 100% of the i/a|
|Burglary of household items in terraces||B/. 1,500.00|
|Cash theft, by force and assault within the residence||5% of the i/a, B/.300.00 Max.|
|Theft of jewelry, gemstones, watches and precious objects, by force and assault within the residence,||
15% of the i/a, B/.3,000.00 Max.
For capital insured higher than B/.35,000.00 applies, B/.5,000.00 Max.
|Theft of compact discs, by force and assault within the residence||5% of the i/a, B/.500.00 Max.|
|Theft by force in annexes (excluding special furniture, jewelry, gems, watches, cash and cash)||3% of the i/a|
|Main insured's credit card theft||B/.250.00 Max. Annual Aggregate|
|Jewelry theft by forcing in financial institution||15% of the i/a, B/.3,000.00 Max.|
|Assault out of home (personal items)||B/.1,000.00 Annual Aggregate (Sub-Limit B/.250.00 for money)|
|Domestic employees fidelity||B/.250.00, B/.500.00 Max. Annual Aggregate|
If you have more than $3,000.00 in jewelry please consider requesting a proposal for it.
A detail of what you have (description and value)
If are high price valuables items (appraisal)
Always keep receipt
Some security measures required or useful in some cases to offer this coverage are:
- Bars in doors and windows or multilock Verjas en puertas y ventanas
- Security Guard
- “Alarma contra Robo”
How to file a claim?
When you become aware of an event or disaster which may cause damages or losses to assets described in the policy, try to do to everything that is possible to avoid or diminish the damage, and notify it immediately to your insurance company or J2L INSURANCE CONSULTANTS.
Within thirty (30) calendar days subsequent to the date of the disaster, you must file the following documents with the Insurance Company:
• A written report detailing the damages and losses caused to your domicile, detailing the place, date, and approximate hour when it occurred; the probable cause of the disaster and the circumstances in which it was produced, before thirty (30) days after the occurrence of the fire.
• A detailed list of any other insurance whatsoever covering any part of your residence.
• You must present two repairs bids from qualified persons (master builder, contractor, etc.).
• Certificate from the Firefighters’ Corps Security Office or from SINAPROC
(National Civil Protection System, per its initials in Spanish) depending to the event.
• The insurance company shall make effective any reimbursement or indemnification in a period not greater than thirty (30) days, after the date when the company has received all the required documentation in a satisfactory manner.
J2L INSURANCE CONSULTANTS