Cheesy Broccoli Bake
Need a good veggie on the side? This basic casserole can be served with just about anything. It is also a great take along dish for that dinner casual party you and your friends have been planning. Give it a try, everyone will love it!
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, trimmed and cut up
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the casserole
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 pound cheese product, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 by 13-inch casserole.
Steam the broccoli until tender, about 10 minutes. In the meantime, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat and saute the celery, mushrooms, and onion until softened, about 10 minutes; drain. Combine the broccoli and the cooked vegetables in a bowl.
Heat the soup and softened cheese product in a saucepan over low heat until the cheese melts. Pour it over the broccoli mixture. Add the garlic salt and pepper and combine.
Put it into the buttered casserole dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle the top with the grated Cheddar the last 5 minutes of baking.