Vaccinated travellers can enter Panama without negative Covid test
Vaccinated travelers will not be required to present a negative covid-19 test in Panama as of September 1st, 2021 unless they have traveled through a high-risk country in the last 15 days.
Panama is open to international travelers, keeping the safety and health of both tourists and locals our top priority.
HIGH-RISK COUNTRIES: The United States, Cuba, Guatemala, Costa Rica, French Guyana, The United Kingdom, Greece, Georgia, Estonia, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Azerbaijan, Israel, Malaysia, Mongolia, South Africa, Guinea Bissau, Tunisia, and Fiji.
Visitors from all countries are welcome to visit Panama, however, a negative COVID-19 test is required for entry for non-vaccinated travelers and vaccinated travelers entering Panama through a high-risk country.
Moreover, non-vaccinated travelers arriving from or that have transited through High-Risk countries in the last 15 days will be required to quarantine for 72 hours in a hotel, and the cost of the stay must be fully covered by the traveler.
Last updated on September 1, 2021 on Visit Panama *Protocols will be updated on an as-needed basis.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR PANAMA *as of Sept. 1, 2021
- Travelers will be exempt from presenting a negative COVID-19 test for entry as long as they can provide physical or digital proof of a complete vaccination scheme endorsed by the WHO, EMA and FDA, equal to or greater than 14 days after the last dose.
- Non-vaccinated travelers will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken no more than 72 hours prior to their arrival time in Panama.
- If a test is not possible within that time frame, a COVID-19 rapid test will be mandated at the airport before customs and the traveler will have to cover the costs of the said test (USD $50).
- If the results are positive, the traveler will be placed under mandatory 14-day quarantine in a Hotel Hospital designated by the Ministry of Health. The cost of the stay must be fully covered by the traveler.
- ALL travelers are required to present their completed Electronic Health Affidavit (in physical or digital form) to their airline or carrier BEFORE boarding to Panama.
PANAMA HEALTH AFFIDAVIT
- All travelers to Panama are required to register and fill out a Health Affidavit
- To fill our a Panama Health Affidavit CLICK HERE
- Non-vaccinated travelers or travelers without a complete vaccination scheme will be placed under a mandatory 72-hour quarantine. The passenger can complete the quarantine at an authorized hotel of their choosing with a reservation prior to arrival that they will have to present in printed version upon entry. Each reservation cost must be fully covered by the traveler. Authorized Hotels include: Westin Panama, Westin Playa Bonita, Bristol Hotel, Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, Sortis Hotel, The Santa Maria, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mio Hotel Group, Holiday Inn at the Panama Canal or at home, if a Panama citizen or resident.
- At the end of the 72-hour period another test will be taken. If the results are negative, the quarantine period will be over. If the results are positive, the passenger will be placed under a 14-day quarantine in a Hotel Hospital designated by the Ministry of Health. The cost of the stay must be fully covered by the traveler.
- Travelers will be exempt from the 72-hour mandatory quarantine provided that they present the following documents in physical card or digital certification of a complete vaccination scheme endorsed by the WHO, EMA and FDA, equal to or greater than 14 days after the last dose.
- The IATA Travel Pass is currently NOT being accepted as a proof of testing or vaccination.
- Health insurance is not a requirement for entry but is highly recommended.