Reopening of restaurants and beaches in Panama
As of Monday, February 8 the Ministry of Health has confirmed that beaches and restaurants will be open throughout Panama. The cancellation of purchases by gender was also announced.
As published in the Official Gazette the new provisions ordered by the Ministry of Health including the cancellation of purchases by gender, the opening of beaches and restaurants, come with some restrictions.
The main restriction remaining for the provinces of Panama, Panama Oeste, and Herrera, is the total quarantine which will be maintained, on Saturdays and Sundays, from Friday at 9:00 pm until 4:00 am on Monday.
Furthermore, for the provinces of Panama and Panama West curfew will be maintained from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m
Reopening Restaurants in Panama (Feb. 8, 2021)
- establishments must maintain a capacity of 50%. This is including employees, to avoid crowds in internal or external areas.
- the sale and consumption of liquor may only be as a complement to meals.
- Serving staff are obliged to always wear a mask and face shield.
- Distance between tables must be at least two meters
- In-person service is offered until 7:30 pm.
- Delivery is until 10:00 pm
Reopening Beaches in Panama (Feb. 8, 2021)
- Access and use of beaches, rivers, spas are allowed, from Monday to Friday, from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm, in Panama, Panama Oeste, and Herrera. In the rest of the country, access is permitted on the weekends.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be sold or consumed.
Reopening of social areas in Panama (Feb. 8, 2021)
- The use of the social areas and swimming pools of the condominium, neighborhood, and residential buildings will also be allowed, with 25% of their capacity and maintaining the ’family bubble’.