Panama’s new reopening plan
An "updated national-provincial reopening plan" was approved on Tuesday August 25, by the Cabinet Council. It established mobility restriction by gender will end September 14th 2020.
Dates were set for Panama reopening the majority of industries and activities including construction, free zones, sports, access to rivers and beaches, marinas and sport fishing, along with domestic and international flights. Dates were not determined for a short list, among these were tourism activities, movie theatres, schools and bars.
The president of Panama, Laurentino Cortizo called on the population to take joint responsibility in complying with safety measures. The Minister of Health, Luis Francisco Sucre , indicated that the entire plan is based indicators like contagion index, Rt, percentage of positivity, availability of beds, etc.
So, things can still change. But for now, as it stands there are the dates for Panama’s new reopening:
September, 7, 2020:- Construction industry and related activities (engineers, architects, project managers, contractors, moving and haulage services)
- Free zones will reopen: the Panama Pacific Special Economic Area and the Colon Free Zone. , among other.
- Private marinas and sport fishing activities
- Tailor shops and dressmakers, shoe stores and car washes.
September, 14, 2020:- Mobility restriction by gender ends along with the need to use a salvo conducto. For companies that require the mobility of their workers during curfew hour, they will continue to use the salvo conducto to circulate. It is established that as of September 14, the curfew will be from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am , Monday through Saturday, and total quarantine on Sunday.
September, 21, 2020:- the federative sports activities will be reopened, but without public.
September, 28, 2020:
- Retail stores including malls that will need to have people order and pick up in store.
- restaurants and inns (with limited capacity).
- professional services pending to open and administrative and general services are reactivated, with the presence of the public .
- national aviation
- family activities on the beach (including surfing), rivers and natural parks *by province
October 12, 2020- the curfew is suspended, including on Sunday.
- international flights reopen
- hotels , motels, rural hostels, lodging places and complementary services
- tourist activities, non-essential transport (recreational and tourism), creative and cultural industries, music and art academies, libraries, swimming pools and the National Charity Lottery are scheduled .
Reopening dates in Panama still to be determined:
According to the Cabinet Council, schools will remain closed. There is no date provided for the opening of cinemas theatres, museums, galleries, and tourist sites, gyms, playgrounds, casinos, bars, canteens, gardens, nightclub, concerts, fairs, carnivals, parades, processions and other activities.