Dr. Jorge Vasquez
Coronado Club Equestre, Administrator and Veterinarian Originally from Colombia, Jorge Vasquez is a Large Animal Veterinarian who has served as Administrator and Veterinarian of the Club Equestre for the past five years. Jorge and his staff are responsible for the care and well-being of the horses stabled at the Club Equestre. At present their four legged guests number 58, including Peruvian, Panamanian, Columbian and American Quarter horses, as well as a beautiful white Pony, named Ambarcito.
At the Equestre Club you can explore the world of horses and enjoy the pleasure of horseback riding. For those wanting to experience the bonding and communication between horse and rider, Jorge, a certified Trainer, offers riding classes. The Club Equestre has so much to offer, says Jorge. “You don’t have to be an experienced rider to enjoy the fun of riding horses. Riding horses is a sport that any person at any age or gender can enjoy.”
The Coronado Club Equestre is world class and can accommodate 120 horses. Club Equestre is host to many events each year and reserves 60 stables for visiting horses that come to participate in competitions, exhibitions, parades or jumping events. (See the Playa Community Newsletter Calendar for upcoming Equestre events).
Coronado Club Equestre offers:
- World Class horse stables offered at $190 per month and includes food, medical, grooming, saddle and storage area, and full use of all arenas.
- Horse rentals at $15.75 per hour (Mon-Fri 9:00-4:00 / Sat-Sun 9:00-6:00, reservations recommended).
- Private horse-back riding lessons with Dr. Vasquez are $20 per hour (Reservations required).
- Short trail and beach rides.
- Ambarcito, a friendly white pony available to rent for children’s parties.
- Fine dining at Estribos de Plata (Silver Stirrups), open Saturday evenings with a dinner-horse show, beginning at 8:00 p.m. This fine restaurant features a full menu of land and sea items and is known for its fantastic filet mignon. The horse show is fun and informative and Ambarcito is available to give rides to children after dinner. The restaurant opens at 7:00 p.m., reservations recommended.
Contact the Club Equestre @: 240-1433 / 240-1434
Dr. Jorge Vasquez directly @: 6677-1828
Silver Stirrups Restaurant @: 240-4444 (Hotel Coronado for reservations)